Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: BILLBOARD AWARDS


So I watched the Billboard Music Awards last night and was slightly disappointed. Where were the Africans? I was not expecting Fally or Michael Kiwanuka to be nominated, but seriously, no Wale? Estelle? Emeli Sandé? It was super surprising to me. In my head they're all huge, mainstream artists, but I guess I was wrong. There's always next year right? I'm sure next time around Wale will be nominated for something because "Bad" is legit and I know his album, The Gifted, will be on point. Can June 25th get here already?! 

I will say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed the performances. Did you see Miguel's failed attempt to leap across the stage? Poor girl. Of course, the highlight of the show, besides Prince, was Akon'performance with David Guetta and Ne-yo.  

"Play Hard" is the jam. Check out the video for the song.Enjoy!  




-ASHA

No comments:

Post a Comment