Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

AFRICOMICS: VIXEN

If you guys can't tell by now, I really love comic books and finding ones that have characters from Africa are always especially enjoyable. DC comics has a
female character that goes by the name of Vixen and she is pretty awesome. Her real name is Marie Jiwe McCabe and she hails from the fictional African nation Zambesi, M'Changa. She gets her powers from a totem and has the ability to mimic any animal that has  ever lived on Earth. Tell me that isn't a super awesome ability to have. 

I wish she was more of a name though; she was the first black DC female hero to get her own book. Unfortunately, they haven't been doing much with her as of late. I was able to get the Black Panther train rolling ( I take full credit for anything that develops, by the way) so maybe I can get something rolling for Vixen.

 While we wait for DC to get it together, let's enjoy this clip of her from the animated tv show "Justice League Unlimited".

-DJ





No comments:

Post a Comment