Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

AFRICAN ROBOTICS NETWORK


I was always interested in robots when I was growing up, partly due to Mega Man and Iron Man....ok totally due to Mega Man and Iron Man. I kust find robots to be super coo, so much so that I recently became a member of AFRON. 

AFRON (The African Robotics Network) was founded April 2012 by Ayorkor Korsah, from Ghana, and Ken Goldberg, from California; it has been featured in magazines such as Wired and Popular Mechanics

They recently, had a 10 dollar robot building design contest that you can see the results of here. I just hope that these little ideas will lead to something much grander like ...oh I don't know...maybe a giant man sized suit of hi-tech armor? Yes, I know that's Iron Man, but you can't tell me that wouldn't be a super cool thing to have. I'm going to go message some members and see where they are into make repulsor technology.

-DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment