Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: SINKANE


I pride myself on being a music know-it-all; if you name any band or singer, more often than not, I've listened to their music, watched a video, or seen them in a magazine, or something. I'm the one that introduces people to new amazing music, it even says so in my about me section. So, imagine my surprise when Spotify recommended a band to me, and my first thought was "Who in the hell is Sinkane?". At that moment, I had to take my own advice and get familiar. 


It turns out, Sinkane aka Ahmed Gallab is the coolest person on the planet and I can't believe I didn't know about him earlier. Along with his band, he recently played at SXSW, opened for Solange (how good is her True(EP)?) and because he can play every instrument, he's even played/toured with one of my personal faves Of Montreal.   



Hometown: Sudan
Sounds Like: Sinkane
Kodak Moment: Childhood Pic 
Sade Connection: Gallab became Sinkane, but it's now a band. 
In His Own Words: Tell It Like It Is
Parental Advisory: Runnin Video
Listen: Warm Spell

All I can say is thank you Spotify!


-ASHA 


No comments:

Post a Comment