Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: MUSIC FOR PEACE IN THE CONGO


My team and I recently had the honor of sponsoring the Music for Peace in the Congo Fundraiser in Los Angeles. Being that the event benefited Congolese people, my team and I were so excited and humbled that Afrik Moto asked us to be involved. We worked closely with the group and  Fredy Tshibanda to help bring awareness and raise funds for people in Congo. All of the proceeds  went to the nonprofit Fredy works with, United for the Future. 

I may be a little biased, but I think the event was great. The food was excellent, the crowd was excited and well-dressed, we raised money for a great cause and the music was amazing. Bands from all over came out to perform and support the people in Congo. Thunder of Praise (T.O.P) traveled all the way from Dallas just for the fundraiser. 

One of my favorite moments of the night would have to be when the host Newton Mayenge attempted to speak Lingala. He was born in the States to Congolese parents, so he struggled a little with song titles and names, much to the audience's amusement. Luckily, he was able to have fun with it and kept the crowd entertained throughout the night. 

Check out highlights from the night and see the raffle we put together in the video below. Enjoy!




-ASHA






























No comments:

Post a Comment