Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

FITNESS FRIDAY: YOGA FOR AFRICA


FARIDA, ASHA and myself, had the pleasure of attending the Beach Yoga for Africa event last weekend. The event was held by Indego Africa, and yoga was led by Brad Keimach.


Our instructor, Brad Keimach


With offices in New York and Rwanda, Indego Africa enables business women of Rwanda to market and sell their jewelry, decor, and other accessories via an online store to over 80 countries in the United States and Europe. They've also collaborated with huge fashion brands, such as J. Crew and Nicole Miller;  Nicole Milleractually visited the women in Rwanda last year.
FARIDA and ASHA in pigeon pose
 This event had my name written all over it: I got to practice yoga, spend time with my sisters, got to enjoy a sunny day on the beach and go shopping; yes, I went shopping on the beach! My shopping addiction has no limits, but fortunately this time it was for a great cause. Of all the amazing things, like bracelets and yoga mat carriers, I decided on a beautiful tote bag, which I've been wearing everyday,and have been getting so many compliments on.

Me and FARIDA in tree pose

The gorgeous tote I purchased. It's functional and fashionable
The view while in downward facing dog. Beautiful.

Check out this little vlog of our day. Unfortunately, you won't actually see us doing yoga; I'm pretty talented, but, even I can't record and practice yoga at the same time. I'll bring my tripod next time. ;)



-DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment