Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: SADE


For my final post dedicated to Women's History Month, I decided to write about one of my African icons...SADE! Growing up in America, there were few, if any, artists on the radio that were African. I was young when I first heard some of her hits such as "Smooth Operator" and "No Ordinary Love", and had no real idea what she was singing about; however, I was so captivated by her soothing voice that it didn't matter. Now that I can fully comprehend what she is singing about, I love her music even more. 


Not only am I a fan of her music, I also thoroughly enjoy her fashion. Though I love rocking prints, you can also catch me wearing a simple black and white ensemble à la Sade. It seems I may not be the only one influenced by her style, designers Jean Paul Gaultier and Balmain have sent Sade look-alikes down the runway. 

Now, I'll leave you with my favorite song from her. Enjoy! (P.S. I am fully aware Sade is a band.) 



-ASHA

No comments:

Post a Comment