Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

FASHION FRIDAY: A MAN'S STORY



One of my guilty pleasures is watching fashion documentaries, i.e. The September Issue, Valentino: The Last Emperor, Lagerfeld Confidential, etc. I just love the behind-the-scenes, fly-on-the-wall aspect of them. Most recently, I came across Ozwald Boateng's documentary A Man's Story, and it quickly has become one of my all-time fashion docs.

A Man's Story is an in-depth look at the career of  Ozwald's extraordinary career, and was actually filmed  over a course of 12 years. You see his triumphs, tragedies, successes and failures. I really appreciate how he goes beyond the incredible fashions he creates, the celebrities he dresses, and gives us a look at his personal side. Truthfully, this is one of the reasons I love fashion documentaries; you get an inside look into the designer's inspiration, trials and tribulations when creating a collection, or shooting an editorial for a magazine...the fabulous clothes aren't bad, either.






- DIVA


No comments:

Post a Comment