Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY:ELVIS


As you may know by now, I love a lot of things and everything is my favorite, so believe me when I say I love country music and it's my favorite. Growing up, my dad would play Garth Brooks and The Judds around the house, just as much as Koffi and Papa Wemba. Thankfully, it seems that I was not the only African girl running around listening to country music.


I present to you my latest obsession...Elvis. For those wondering, yes, he is named after "The King" Elvis Presley. Kenyan born Elvis Otiengo, has that old school country vibe that I grew up with and still love. His amazing voice is beautifully showcased on the Randy Travis cover he did. Even if you're not a huge country fan, I'm sure you'll agree his rendition of "Forever and Ever Amen" is beautiful. 

  


What do you think?


-ASHA 

No comments:

Post a Comment