Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE: ALAFFIA


Now that the weather is getting colder and my skin is getting drier, I am having a major love affair with coconut. Coconut is very hydrating for the skin, so I use it externally and take it internally, as well. I have a coconut body butter, I use coconut oil on my body, as well as to cook with. I drink coconut milk and water, daily; and  most recently, I started using a coconut face toner from the brand EverDay Coconut, which is  a part of Alaffia Sustainable Skin Care and EveryDay Shea.



Founded by Togolese native,Olowo-n’djo Tchala, Alaffia is all about empowering West African communities by focusing on fair trade, alleviating poverty, and gender equality. 



Founder Olowo-n’djo Tchala with locals
Not only do they have pretty much every body, skin and hair care product covered, but these quality products are available at very affordable prices. You can purchase the products online, or you can find them at your local helath food store. I get my products from my local Whole Foods. 

 I always love products that are friendly to your wallet, and can benefit the greater good. Everybody wins!


my beloved toner
-DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment