Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FARIDA'S COOKING CORNER: POULET AU COCO




Salutations my foodie friends! (yes, "salutations" just happened, lol). Today I bring you a recipe from Comoros Island. To be perfectly honest with you, prior to finding this recipe, my knowledge of Comoran cuisine was non-existent. But I found a dish that is easy to make, can be served with pretty much anything: rice (brown or white), quinoa, couscous, potatoes, and is delicious!!!

Without further ado I give you a classic Comoran dish, Poulet au CoCo, aka Chicken with Coconut.

Total Time: 30-35mins.
     Prep Time: 5-10mins
     Cook Time: 25mins



Ingredients:
  • 2.2lbs of diced chicken
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  •  2 medium onions, chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 tsp of curry powder
  • 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk
  • 1 tsp of  fresh thyme
  • 6 spring onions, chopped
  • 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped


Directions:
  • Fry the chicken in the butter until it's golden brown on all sides
  • Add the onion, garlic, and curry powder
  • Stir fry the mixture for 5 minutes
  • Add the coconut milk, thyme, spring onions, and parsley
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Stir well and allow to simmer for 20mins

Hope you all enjoy this dish as much as I did and as always, I invite you all to join me as I cook my way through Africa!!!

-FARIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment