Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FARIDA'S COOKING CORNER: CAMEROONIAN CREPES



I am a HUGE fan of breakfast foods: omelettes, pancakes (preferably blueberry), waffles, cereal, french toast, hash browns, you name it. And I'm an even bigger fan of having breakfast for dinner.As an advocate for all things breakfast, I don't see why we have to limit ourselves to only eating breakfast food in the morning, right? So here you go my fellow foodies, an easy African twist on a popular breakfast dish courtesy of my friends from Cameroon.

Total Time: 6-7mins
   Prep Time: 2-3 mins.
   Cook Time: 4mins



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 large, ripe bananas mashed
  • groundnut oil for frying; *if not available, any cooking oil or olive oil will work
  • icing sugar to dust; *can substitute with powdered sugar

Directions:
  • Combine the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl, then whisk in the milk a little at a time to get a smooth batter
  • Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine thoroughly
  • Add a little oil to your frying pan and once it's hot, add 1/2 cup of batter
  • Spread the batter with the back of a spoon or ladle until it forms a thin layer
  • Cook for about two minutes or until the edges begin to crisp, then flip and cook on the other side for another two minutes
  • Roll tightly, dust with icing sugar and serve


Enjoy, my foodie friends! And as always, I invite you all to join me as I cook my way through Africa!!! 

-FARIDA







No comments:

Post a Comment