Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

GET FAMILIAR: GBENGA AKINNAGBE



Gbenga Akinnagbe, from HBO's The Wire fame, has found a new gig as Jeremiah Bello, a Nigerian drug lord, on the hit USA show Graceland. Though he's had plenty of notable roles over the years, I really enjoy this character that he is currently portraying. Bello is a cold-blooded, ruthless drug dealer who will kill his own right hand man just to prove a point (I'm serious), and honestly, I really like him. I know that he is the bad guy and will inevitably be taken down, but he just has a certain charm about him. 

A model wearing a Liberated People shirt
Outside of acting, the Nigerian actor started his own clothing line called "Liberated People." His main goal is to get people to act and help themselves and others as well. The first nonprofit he teamed with, "Beat the Streets" helped at-risk youth in Baltimore turn their lives around through wrestling and tutoring. Clearly, Gbenga's star is on the rise. I wish him nothing, but success; however, I do hope his character gets whats coming to him.

   
-DJ (The man who has nothing against Gbenga, but really wants Bello to get owned.)



No comments:

Post a Comment