Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DOSHA DOES: NOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS



Over the weekend, my dad and I  went to the first Los Angeles Nollywood Film Awards show, and it was quite the eventful evening. There were some really great performances:  the Friends of God Dancing Group from the Philippines, an all girl group called Unique and a dance performance from the international dancer/ actress Princess Saturday. The event also drew the attention of actor Massi Furlan, who was being honored for his achievement in movies.
 
What made it even better was finding out that it was his very first award for his acting and that was the theme of the entire show, new beginnings; after all this is the first Nollywood award show in Los Angeles and I hope there are many more on the way. The energy I felt in that room was so overwhelming positive that I just know that one day Nollywood and mainstream Hollywood will become one entity and all of the Nollywood actors will get the recognition that they deserve. I look forward to watching the award show grow into an unstoppable force.



-DJ, hey look I shaved.


No comments:

Post a Comment