Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

MUSIC MONDAY: BLAISON MAVEN


Last week, I had the pleasure of watching Blaison Maven perform at The Joint in Los Angeles. When the Ghanaian-bred, Los Angeles-based rapper first appeared on stage wearing all black, everything, and gold chains, (three...not two), I assumed he was another "gangster" hip-hop artist rapping about women and money. Minutes into his set, I realized that my assumptions were  inaccurate. Though he raps about women and money on tracks like "Gold Chain", Blaison is able to do it with a maturity and freshness that is uncommon in today's newer artists.

By the time he finished performing "Rookie of the Year", I was a full-blown Blaison Maven fan. After his set was finished, I congratulated the artist on his amazing performance, and made sure to grab a copy of his album, The Stratosphere. This album perfectly showcases his sick flow, delivery, and writing skills. I've had the album on repeat for the last few days and the last song, "The Soar", is by far my favorite track. Somehow, he manages to be so vulnerable on the track, while still maintaining his swag. Blaison Maven's album is definitely worth listening to. Check out the album in its entirety here. Enjoy!

To read a brief Q & A with the artist, go here.  

- ASHA 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment