Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SPOTLIGHT: NNEKA OGWUMIKE


I really love basketball and I really like the Lakers so you can imagine my mood was I write this, but it's not 
all bad since there is another LA team that's performing well. No, its not the Clippers,but the Los Angeles Sparks.
 This season the  Sparks are in 2nd place in the Western Conference standings thanks to the play of Nneka Ogwumike, the Nigerian star from Stanford. Coming hot off a great rookie season, she averaged 14ppg and won Rookie of the Year, Nneka is continuing her excellent play and looks to be the Sparks' next big superstar; she increased her field goal, free throw and three-point percentage drastically. 

With the way that Ogwumike is playing I think the Sparks have a legitimate shot at becoming WNBA champions, then maybe we can have a team in this city that wins while wearing the purple and gold. I look forward to seeing not only how the team does but also how Nneka progresses in her pro career.

-DJ ( The optimistic fan)

No comments:

Post a Comment