Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: ENVY

Have you ever listened to a song and realized the lyrics hit a little too close to home? Envy's song "Am I Wrong" did that to me. I was having one of those deep life conversations with myself and essentially questioning everything. You know, the usual philosophical questions people tend to ask. Should I being doing this? Am I where I should be in life?


It was during that line of questioning when I heard "Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay?/Am I wrong for saying that I'll choose another way?/I ain't trying to do what everybody else doing/Just cause everybody doing what they all do/If one thing I know, how far would I grow?/I'm walking down this road of mine, this road that I call home." 

Who knew a duo based out of Norway with Ivorian and Ghanian roots would have such an impact on me?

Check out their video which was filmed in Botswana. HAPPY MONDAY! 


Great song right? Or am I wrong? Ha. 



-ASHA



No comments:

Post a Comment