Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

PACIFIC RIM




Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of the Kaiju, or Monster film genre, and I'm also a fan of big giant robots fighting said monsters. Pacific Rim combines my two loves,  into one epic monster fighting movie that manages to hold your interest throughout the entire film, although I could be being totally biased here. The main story centers around Raleigh Becket, played by Charlie Hunnam, and how he teams up with a resistance group led by Stacker Pentecost, played by Idris Elba, to stop the impending monster apocalypse. Can we talk about how awesome Idris is in this film? His character commanded presence each time he appeared on screen and you really got that sense that he was a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders; also, he is the main reason why different nations have abandoned their differences and have teamed up with each other. I don't want to give too much away since the movie is fairly new, but  I will say that if you want to watch an entertaining film, you need to go see this movie. Don't believe me? Check this out.






Still not convinced? Ok let's look at this trailer then shall we?




Yep, you want to see this movie now don't you? Don't try to deny it either, heck I just saw this film and I'm thinking of watching it again...and again...and again. I probably shouldn't, but it's really just that awesome. Do yourself a favor and give into your curiosity, you will be glad that you did.

-DJ, pilot of the Gipsy Danger

No comments:

Post a Comment