Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY: LET'S CATCH UP

I'm back! I haven't posted in two weeks and it seriously feels like a lifetime. Because I know you are just dying to hear what I've been up to (more so I'm dying to tell you), I've decided to share how I spent my time away from TDB.


First things first, I got the heck out of town. I was finally able to make my way down to San Diego and see friends I haven't seen in years. It was so fun and relaxing. I'll definitely be heading back soon. 


Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite bands live at the Wiltern. As you may know by now, I love live music and I'm so happy Daughter did not disappoint. While there I ran into one of my faves, Moses Sumney. You may remember me gushing about how I die for the Ghanaian singer after seeing him perform at Echo Park Rising. If not, read here. Oh and just a little fun fact, I went to this show by myself and surprisingly didn't feel awkward.    

Ok, so this is what I wore to the concert and I just have to ask. Do I look like a hipster? 


This past weekend, I made my way to Africa Fashion Week Los Angeles with Diva and we had the best time. The show was ridiculously amazing. I'm pretty sure I'm buying everything that came down the runway, but being the music lover that I am, my favorite part of the night was definitely the opening dance number. They chose to use some Congolese music and had me dancing in my seat. You can never go wrong with Fally. Africans sure know how to put on a fashion show. Catch the video of the fabulous dancers below. 




Because I'm just in a ridiculously crazy sharing mood, here's a video Diva got of me attempting to get hyphy at the after party. Be kind! Get hyphy here.  



-ASHA 




No comments:

Post a Comment