Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FARIDA'S COOKING CORNER : MOMBASA PUMPKIN DESSERT


Why, hello there my fine foodie friends! In honor of  Halloween, which is tomorrow for those of you who still haven't gotten a costume, present company included, I decided to bring you a deliciously tasty treat from the lovely people of Kenya. Get your taste buds ready ladies and gent, for I give you  Mombasa Pumpkin Dessert.

Total Time: 30 mins
    Prep Time: 10 mins.
    Cook Time:  20 mins.




 I upped the sweet factor by adding whipped cream and cinnamon 

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium sugar pumpkin, seeded and cubed
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions:

  • Steam the pumpkin pieces for 5 to 10 minutes
  • Scoop flesh from skins
  • In a medium saucepan, combine the pumpkin flesh and sugar
  • Heat over medium-low temperature until sugar dissolves into the pumpkin. Add coconut and cardamom
  • Stir often
  • Cook until the mixture has thickened to thick pudding-like consistency


Hope you enjoy this yummy treat! And as always, I invite you all to join me as I cook my way through Africa!!!

- FARIDA




No comments:

Post a Comment