Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

MUSIC MONDAY: BEST OF 2012

The year has come to an end, so I thought I would share my favorite videos, songs, and albums of the year. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Enjoy!


Best Video Filmed in Africa

When I heard that Solange traveled to South Africa to shoot her latest music video, I was so excited. What I love most about the "Losing You" video is that  she showcased the Le Sape Society and their amazing fashion sense.  

Best African Import 

This was the year of D'Banj. The Nigerian singer-songwriter won countless awards and signed with Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music label. Watch him with Kanye and his new label mates in their "Oliver Twist" video.  

Best Dance 

Everywhere I turned this year, someone was doing the Azonto; even the Royals got in on the dance craze! By far the best songs to Azonto to were Fuse ODG's "Antenna" and Iyanya's "Kukere."

Best Collaboration

I love P. Square and I love Akon. That's why for me, "Chop My Money" is the best collaboration of the year.
Best Song

There were so many great songs this year, but I just could not get enough of K'Naan's "Gold in Timbuktu." The song is simply beautiful. 

Best Album

The best album I heard all year was the debut from Emeli Sandé. Our Version of Events is absolutely amazing from start to finish, and "My Kind of Love" is my favorite track.


-ASHA

No comments:

Post a Comment