Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

FASHION FRIDAY: SUMAHRIE COLLECTION



I have a confession to make: I've only worn traditional African clothing a few times in my life.  In my defense, I just find the traditional clothes too,well, traditional. Fortunately, talented designers such as Mahriama M. Suma, are giving traditional clothing a chic and modern twist.

Mahriama is the founder of Sumahrie Collections, a Los Angeles-based brand that designs clothing and handbags. I recently attended a trunk show for Sumahrie Collections, where I was able to see her designs first-hand.




As expected, her collection had bold and vibrant prints, and impressive craftsmanship.


I love how Mahriama personalizes her pieces by incorporating fabric inspired by her Sierra-Leonean roots and can't wait to add some of her pieces to my wardrobe.

xx Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment