Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

SATURDAY WRAP-UP: FACE2FACE

F2FA Issue No. 1 2012-2013
Myself, along with my fellow TDB members, recently attended the Face2Face Africa (F2FA) Magazine launch party at The St. Felix, in Hollywood. The venue was reminiscent of a lounge that I went to in Chelsea, when I visited New York last Spring. The venue was very fitting, seeing as how F2FA is based in Manhattan.



Along with the NYC-esque setting, Hollywood red carpet scene, and general great atmosphere, I was mostly excited to mingle with fellow African bloggers, actors, writers, designers, and entrepreneurs, who are making positive contributions to the community and showing just what a diverse and multifaceted people we are. I was truly honored to be there with so many amazing people.


I had a quick chat with F2FA's Editor In Chief, Sandra Appiah, who told me that one of their main goals is to give Africa a voice. She, as well as TDB, and most Africans for that matter, believe that the media doesn't portray us in the best light, so it is time for us, as Africans, to unite and work together to show the world just how amazing we are.
Africans, unite!


-DIVA



Make sure to check back soon to see some of my favorite fashion looks from the launch party.

No comments:

Post a Comment