Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

GRAMMY NOMINATIONS


Oh how I love this time of year. Not only is it holiday season, but it's also the beginning of awards season. This past weekend, Grammy nominations were revealed which made me happy and upset at the same time. So happy for my fellow Africans and everyone else that was nominated, but I think that some people were definitely snubbed. 

In my opinion, one of the biggest snubs was Wale. He couldn't get one? Jay Z has two songs nominated in the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration category. One of those could have easily gone to "Bad."   

Enough of that, here are the Africans that did get nominated. Congrats to them all! 
 BEST DANCE RECORDING 
Duke Dumont ft A*M*E & MNEK 
Need U (100%)

BEST WORLD ALBUM 

Femi Kuti
No Place For My Dream 

Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Live: Singing For Peace Around the World 

Hopefully next year even more Africans will be nominated, and maybe even in one of the major categories. No worries, I'll definitely still be tuning into the big show next month. 


-ASHA


*sidenote*- Please don't think I'm anti Jay Z. I thoroughly enjoy him and even went to his concert last night. He performed "Crown" which was produced by the talented Canadian-Nigerian Wondagurl. He closed the show with "Young Forever" and dedicated it to Nelson Mandela. Watch here. 







No comments:

Post a Comment